On 23 August 2022, within the presence of firm officers from Rheinmetall MAN Navy Automobiles, the Norwegian army procurement company, NDMA, formally transferred over 100 new HX and TGS-mil army vehicles to the Norwegian Military, the tip buyer. The ceremony occurred at Sessvollmoen army base close to Oslo. Main Common Oyvind Johan Kvalvik, Deputy Director of the NDMA, symbolically handed over the keys to the Norwegian Military’s second in command, Brigadier Common Frode Ommundsen.

The roots of the mission return to 2008, when a committee of Norwegian army officers drew up a listing of specs for brand spanking new army logistic automobiles. Norway gave Rheinmetall MAN Navy Automobiles (RMMV) the nod in 2013. Then, on 31 March 2014, NDMA and its Swedish reverse quantity, the FMV procurement company in Stockholm, entered a framework settlement with RMMV to produce of army logistic automobiles, which runs via to 2025. Linked to that is a further settlement encompassing long-term service assist from RMMV. Rheinmetall MAN Navy Automobiles is a three way partnership owned by Rheinmetall AG, which holds a 51% stake within the firm, and MAN Truck & Bus SE, which holds the remaining 49% share.


“We’re proud to have the ability to switch these state-of-the-art truck programs in the present day to a very powerful folks within the Norwegian armed forces – the troops!”, declared Michael Wittlinger, chairman of the board of administration of Rheinmetall MAN Navy Automobiles (RMMV) in a speech marking the event. “We’re sure that these automobiles will fulfill Norway’s troopers, offering them with the best-possible safety and assist.”

The Norwegian Defence Materiel Company (NDMA) formally transferred over 100 new HX and TGS-mil army vehicles to the Norwegian Military. (Picture by Rheinmetall)

Michael Wittlinger went on to notice in his speech that “that is RMMV’s most advanced mission to this point. Our contract isn’t just with Norway however with Sweden, too. Owing to the particular challenges of the Scandinavian working atmosphere, the technical specs are very advanced. Furthermore, the order encompasses 38 completely different truck configurations and trailer variants, making this a really multifaceted programme.” Moreover, every particular person variant is topic to an especially inflexible and impressive timetable for reaching milestones, with extremely detailed lifecycle assist documentation required at each stage. All of this goes means past the expectations of our different prospects.”

The primary shipments of vehicles earmarked for Norway embody 109 automobiles of varied sorts: twenty-four 24 HX 8×8 vehicles with hook elevate programs; fifty-six TGS 6×6 heavy-duty tractor trailers; and twenty-nine TGS 4×4 and 6×6 automobiles. The brand new automobiles are supposed firstly to enhance the transport capability of the Norwegian army’s logistics corps, whereas concurrently increasing the operational capabilities of its armed forces. This new high-tech household of automobiles totally meets the excellent necessities of its army customers. A few of these vehicles function an built-in armoured car cab for safeguarding the crew from ballistic threats and shrapnel. Moreover, they can be outfitted with state-of-the-art communication and command-and-control programs in addition to remote-control weapon stations.

Rheinmetall MAN Navy Automobiles (RMMV) kinds the competence middle for skilled army and militarised logistic wheeled automobiles inside Rheinmetall’s Automobile Programs division. The Munich-based three way partnership, during which Rheinmetall AG holds 51 % and MAN Truck & Bus SE 49 %, is likely one of the world’s main suppliers of protection options within the area of logistic land mobility. Along with its predecessor corporations, RMMV seems again on a historical past of greater than 100 years of truck building for very demanding army functions.